Ford O’Brien Landy LLP
275 Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10016
Areas Of Practice
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Regulatory Enforcement Defense
- Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation
Arthur Kutoroff represents clients in a broad array of white collar criminal and regulatory investigation and litigation, securities litigation, and commercial litigation matters.
His experience includes representing:
• A Fortune 1000 company in parallel DOJ and SEC investigations into alleged securities fraud in connection with its sales and accounting practices;
• State government agencies in federal investigations of alleged bribery and bid rigging;
• A digital marketing company and an insurance claims management company in two separate civil RICO cases;
• A state government agency in connection with parallel state and federal investigations of its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic; and
• Real estate developers in connection with breach of contract cases in state and federal court.
In his pro bono practice, Arthur has represented clients seeking asylum on the basis of persecution for political views and sexual orientation. Arthur has also represented clients pro bono in a criminal proceeding as well as custody disputes at the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to joining Ford O'Brien Landy LLP, Arthur worked at an international law firm. While at that firm, he participated in a secondment at an international investment bank. Arthur also clerked for the Honorable Brian M. Cogan of the Eastern District of New York.
Arthur graduated cum laude from Cornell Law School and earned his undergraduate degree summa cum laude from Rutgers University in New Brunswick. He has also published articles in Cornell International Law Journal, Capital Law Review, and the New York Law Journal.
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: cum laude
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A. - 2012
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: History
- Major: Philosophy
- Major: Political Science
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
Past Employment Positions
- Associate, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, New York, New York
- Secondee, Morgan Stanley, New York, New York
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Brian M. Cogan, Eastern District of New York, Brooklyn, New York
- Evan T. Barr & Arthur Kutoroff, Limiting Options for Corporate Crime Victims Under Federal Restitution Law, 267 N.Y.L.J. 86 (2022);
- Joshua D. Roth & Arthur Kutoroff, Terminating Contracts Based on Known or Suspected FCPA Violations, 267 N.Y.L.J. 71 (2022);
- Steven M. Witzel & Arthur Kutoroff, FCPA Standstill, 258 N.Y.L.J. 47 (2017);
- Arthur Kutoroff, Excuse in International Law, 44 CAP. U. L. REV. 189 (2016);
- Arthur Kutoroff, First Amendment Versus Laïcité: Religious Exemptions, Religious Freedom, and Public Neutrality, 48 CORNELL INT’L L.J. 248 (2015)